What to do about guitar when leaving for a 2 weeks?

I just started playing guitar again, and am trying to grow calluses. Im leaving for two weeks and cant take my guitar. Is there anyway I can work my finger to where i can still build up calluses?

Find something with a thin edge that will not cause a laceration. Keep pushing each finger against it. Just hard enough to show an indentation. Calluses are created from irritation to protect the skin. This should keep the fingers from getting soft while your gone.
I never heard of using methylated spirits, and I’ve been playing since the 60s.
by: CGIV76
on: 19th July 08

9 Responses to What to do about guitar when leaving for a 2 weeks?

1. Nobody says:

Sandpaper, although, I wouldn’t worry about it. You’ll be back in two weeks.

2. Kitty says:

why would you want to grow calluses?it’s irritated dead skin,unnatractive and unhealthy

3. daydreamer113 says:

There’s no alternative way to get calluses, sorry. Two weeks will fly by.

4. Terry W says:

Methlyated spirits is the old rock n roll way to toughen up fingertips. It does something like dry out the skin and make it like leather

5. CGIV76 says:

I never heard of using methylated spirits, and I’ve been playing since the 60s.

6. Left-T says:

Hey Stevie

Don’t worry about your callouses. it will take longer than 2 weeks to get rid of them.
    The best exercise is to finger tap on the table for 10 minutes. That will definitely keep your fingers in shape and it will offer finger strengthening at the same time.

7. bman7853 says:

The best calluses for playing guitar are the ones that come from playing guitar.

I wouldn’t try sand paper.. because you could then hurt your fingers and thus making the time you can’t play even longer than two weeks.

So, just wait the two weeks.

8. m.kimes says:

if you happen to have a extra string bring it and pressure it across ur fingers. Or any other thing like that. Also, rubbing alcohol will encurage calluses.

9. Igor Ferreira says:

i won’t worry two wake cannot take yout on you skills, but when you came home just practice