Straight out of Dublin , Ireland , Kill Krinkle Club release the third video “Golden Eagle” from their critically acclaimed debut album “Abandon”. Following hot on the heels of fellow Irish act Two Door Cinema Club , Kill Krinkle Club are set to take 2011 by storm!
Golden Eagle is the third video release from the critically acclaimed debut album Abandon from Swedish / Irish electro pop duo Kill Krinkle Club.
“We always thought New York would be the perfect backdrop. It suits the mood of the song perfectly” says Elina Bergman, the Swedish part of the two piece. “It has that cool late night vibe we were after.”
The video was filmed over two nights with Toronto based director James Featherstone (The XX, Florence and the Machine, MGMT and The Drums)
“We knew straight away that we wanted James to do the video. He has that darkness that we like. While over playing the CMJ Music Marathon we thought we might ask him and he was like – ‘Yeah, lets do it!'”
The video takes in Times Square, Brooklyn Bridge, Manhattan subways and Lower East Village side streets.
The band wanted to find their own New York. They followed their natural feelings of where to shoot. “Nothing was pre-meditated or planned.” explains Justin.
And nothing was off limits in the shoot.
“We filmed in cabs & subways as we went from one location to the next. It became a big part of the video. A lot of the time we were unaware James was filming and I think that adds to the natural flow of the video. Nothing was wasted”
Described by Swedish media as “stylish…suggestive…sexy…dangerous…criminal…alluring”.
Playground.net says “the best part of this video is its modesty and casual tone that allows the song to breathe and shine beyond the imagery.“
Lyricist Justin Commins explains what the song is about:
“The Eastern gurus use the term Maya (illusion) to describe the existence of problems that do not exist. The universe is good. Anything that is not good cannot exist. But people feel it does, so we have come up with a solution. The solution is in the song. Only you can figure it out for yourself.”
Kill Krinkle Club does not stop there.
“We are going to shoot a video for every song on the album. In a different city around the world. Next stop is Venice. Then Toronto. Then Tokyo. We’re only getting started.”
Kill Krinkle Club are Dublin based one part Swedish one part Irish electronic duo who make music with a big dark pop heart.
- ‘Moon’ video nominated for ‘most original concept’ at the Irish Music TV Awards
- Debut album described as having ‘ear-bending inventiveness’ with ‘exceptional vocals (that) swirl intimately together–the icing on the cake of what was already a compelling debut” – State Magazine
- ‘dreamy electronica….brimming with imagination and bountiful ideas’—The Irish Times
- ‘a gorgeous wonder, brimming with lush, jerky beats’ and vocals with ‘power and soul’—Hotpress
- Picked as one of the live highlight of HWCH ’10 Festival by The Irish Times
- Repeat selections for CMJ New York, HWCH and Electric Picnic
- ‘Airport’ single of the fortnight in Hotpress magazine
- Abandon’ album release date Sep 17th produced & mixed by Declan Gaffney (U2, Interpol) & Tom McFall (Bloc Party, REM, Stars) & mastered at Sterling Sound.
- Swedish national radio feature + interview with Pelle Moeld (P3 Lab)
- Released video for ‘Moon’ shot by Babysweet Sessions in Belfast & Dublin. It has been featured on top US blog Culture Bully as well as premier Irish blogger Nialler9 with a piece in the Irish Independent newspaper.
- Played CMJ New York ’09
- Played 3 shows at Electric Picnic, Laois Sep 5th . Line-up includes Brian Wilson, Bat For Lashes, Flaming Lips, MGMT, Efterklang. (http://www.electricpicnic.ie)
- Supported Mates Of State at Halifax Pop Explosion, Canada
- Played 3 shows at NXNE Festival in Toronto, Canada including a show with No Age at Whippersnapper Art Gallery.
- Filmed for Live in Toronto Series. Show highlights include The Antlers, The Stills & Frightened Rabbit
- Played Sound City Festival Liverpool in May with White Lies, Telepathe, Clinic, The Zutons….
- Selected to play the IMRO showcase tour 2009
- Featured as one of State Magazine’s bands of 2009 in January edition. Includes 2 page photo spread, quick interview & photo on the cover.
- Released a limited edition 7″ Double A-side single along with Irish Tour
- Featured as an Artist Spotlight in the Musicians Atlas (US) 2009 edition.
- Recorded a RTE 2fm radio (Irish national broadcaster) session for Dan Hegarty’s show aired May 25th.
- Gave a Swedish National Radio P3 interview + songs on P3 lab show.
- Had ‘White Trees’ featured in the top 50 songs of 2008 by the influential 5acts blog
- Played the Halifax Pop Explosion Oct 20-25 in Canada with Islands & Holy Fuck. Previous performers include Arcade Fire, Elliot Smith, Cat Power & Broken Social Scene.
- Were Chicago’s Venuszine Magazine Band Of The Month for May
- Played the Dublin Fringe Festival in September.
- Remixed Canon Blue’s ‘Odds & Ends’ released on Rumraket label as a B-side for said single.
- Had a full page feature interview in Swedish newspaper NSD.
- Played a London headline gig in April.
- Played Hard Working Class Heroes Festival in September in Dublin
- Were CMJ/ Sonicbids Artist of the Week in Feb ’08.
- Had renowned New York DJs The Misshapes Remix ‘Lakes’ off our debut EP.
- Signed licensing deal with the highly reputable LA company Aperture Music. Aperture’s film credits include Donnie Darko & The Big Lebowski.
- Wrote a song for a special Indiecater Records Christmas album curated by popular blogger MP3hugger.
Justin Commins – Synth, midi controller, Guitar, drum pad
Elina Bergman – Synths, microkontrol, drum pad
- ‘Airport’ single digital release, May1st 2010, through Toy Ship Records & RMG
- Debut album release ‘Abandon’ September 17th 2010 through Toy Ship Records & Indi Ent.
- Limited Edition 7″ Double A-side single of Little Men & Lakes released on Toy Ship Records August 7th ’09
- Canon Blue ‘Odds & Ends’ Remix on Rumraket Sep 08
- “The Bloody Murder Of Krinkle” April ’08 release on iTunes & eMusic & physical sales through Road Records sold out
- “Songs Of Noel” December ’08 Christmas song released on Indiecater Records compilation.
Purchase Abandon Kill Krinkle Club
Purchase Kill Krinkle Club music from iTunes
Kill Krinkle Club on Facebook
Kill Krinkle Club on Twitter
Moon Video directed by Babysweet Sessions
Airport Video by James Featherstone
Posted On: November 24, 2010