- One-piece Asymmetrical Neck: Michael’s special neck shape that promotes good playing technique and minimizes fatigue.
- MTD Quick Release Bridge: Killer set-up flexibility, great sustain, makes string changing a breeze.
- Ergonomically Carved Body: Great access to upper frets, Great balance on a strap.
- Buzz Feiten Tuning System: Play in tune anywhere on the neck, Preferred by pro players.
- 24 Medium Jumbo Frets: Perfect size for all techniques and set-ups, and long-wearing
Artist 4-string bass, Rosewood Fingerboard, Amber finish. The MTD Kingston Artist Basses were created for the player who is looking for the warm but slightly aggressive sound of the large pole, dual humbucking pickups made popular in the 70’s and 80’s. The Artist incorporates many of the superior design elements found on MTD’s revered US-built instruments-but at a fraction of the cost. Carefully constucted using high quality Basswood, Eastern Hard Rock Maple and beautifully finished in a stunning high gloss, the Kingston Artist was equipped to meet the demands of any serious player. Designed by master luthier Michael Tobias, the MTD Kingston Series of instruments offer enhanced playability, exceptional tone, and superior construction at a price fit for any musician. Michael has trained a team of luthiers in the fine art of building an MTD bass and the results are nothing short of his lifelong goal: creating an affordable instrument that has the look, feel, and soul of his revered American basses. The MTD Kingston Series of Instruments are carefully constructed to Michael’s exacting specifications.
List Price: $ 949.00 Your Price: $ 689.00