- One-piece Asymmetrical Neck: Michael’s special neck shape that promotes good playing technique and minimizes fatigue.
- Bartolini Custom pickups and electronics: Renowned Tobias/Bartolini collaboration!
- Ergonomically Carved Body: Great access to upper frets, Great balance on a strap.
- Buzz Feiten Tuning System: Play in tune anywhere on the neck, Preferred by pro players.
- 24 Medium Jumbo Frets: Perfect size for all techniques and set-ups, and long-wearing
“ZX” 5-string, Maple Fingerboard, Transluscent Black Finish. The MTD ZX series of basses were created for a discerning player looking for the clarity, feel and response found only in a handmade, boutique style bass. The Kingston ZX basses are amazing instruments that feature only the best components and the best craftsmanship. The ZX is the only Kingston bass that comes loaded with Bartolini pickups and electronics custom voiced exclusively for Michael Tobias. Incredible playability. Beautiful tone. Stunning cosmetics. This bass has it all. The ZX basses incorporate many of the superior design elements found on MTD’s revered American series instruments – but at a truly affordable price. Carefully constructed using a high quality Mahogany core and beautifully adorned with a Burled Maple top, the Z basses marry beauty with unparalleled performance. Designed by master luthier Michael Tobias, the MTD Kingston Series of instruments offer enhanced playability, exceptional tone, and superior construction at a price fit for any musician. Michael has trained a team of luthiers in the fine art of building an MTD bass and the results are nothing short of his lifelong goal: creating an affordable instrument that has the look, feel, and soul of his revered American basses. The MTD Kingston Series of Instruments are carefully constructed to Michael’s exacting specifications.
List Price: $ 2,199.00 Your Price: $ 1,779.00